Client was driving northbound on Route 561 in Gibbsboro, New Jersey. The Defendant was hauling a large compressor with his truck. The compressor from the truck crossed over the centerline directly into the oncoming lane where the client was travelling in the opposite direction and slammed into the driver’s side of the client’s car pushing the car into the guardrail. The compressor had become detached from the hauling vehicle and was out of control when it crossed the centerline. Essentially, the client was faced with a runaway compressor.
Client was taken away in an ambulance after being struck by the force of a 2,500 to 3,500 pound compressor which totaled client’s car. The injuries resulting from the accident included:
- herniated nucleus pulposus at C6-7,
- right sided cervical radiculitis,
- cervical spine sprain/strain,
- post traumatic headaches,
- thoracic spine sprain/strain,
- herniated nucleus pulposus L5-S1,
- bilateral lumbar radiculitis,
- lumbar spine sprain/strain,
- bilateral trapezius sprain and strain with myofascitis,
- muscle spasms,
- myofascitis pain syndrome,
- fracture of upper right second premolar with a crown which fractured down to the root which required replacement with a three unit fixed bridge and a primary masticatory muscle interference disorder, and
- TMJ dysfunction.
Client endured four lumbar epidural injections before undergoing a lumbar spinal fusion. Client was unable to work and suffered from depression and anxiety as well as panic attacks.
Due to the efforts of Philip Ciprietti, the matter settled for a just and reasonable amount. The client was very satisfied with the results.