NJ Workers’ Compensation Law & Work Accident Injury Library
The Law Office of Philip T. Ciprietti represents New Jersey workers who were injured while at work, from slip, trip & fall accidents in an office or factory, to car/truck accidents while making a delivery, to falls from heights at NJ construction sites. Our office takes great pride in providing quality representation to each of our clients. That includes providing information to injured workers about New Jersey workers’ compensation laws, cases, etc., and answering questions from injured workers.
Below you will find various articles and posts related to New Jersey workers’ compensation law. These articles are for general information only and are no substitute for legal advice.
Workers’ Compensation Legal Articles
- Cherry Hill, Marlton NJ Workers’ Compensation Law – What Is A Claim Petition?What is the difference between a workers’ comp claim and claim petition? See article by Cherry Hill, Marlton NJ workers’ comp lawyer.
- Cherry Hill, NJ Workers’ Comp Law- Injured While Pulling Out of Employer’s Parking LotA Cherry Hill, NJ workers’ comp lawyer discusses recent court decision-worker eligible for workers’ comp benefits after being injured in a car accident while pulling out of employee parking lot.
- Cherry Hill, NJ Workers’ Comp Law – Injured in Employer’s Parking Lot While Going to or Leaving WorkCherry Hill, NJ workers’ comp lawyer discusses workers’ comp benefits if injured in work parking lot when leaving or coming.
- NJ Car Accidents – What is a Workers’ Comp Lien in the Context of a Car or Truck Accident?Workers’ Comp Lien & NJ Car or Truck Accident. A discussion by a Cherry Hill, NJ car accident and workers’ comp lawyer.
- New Jersey Workers’ Compensation Law – Can Workers Receive Workers’ Comp Benefits if Injured While on Coffee Breaks?In general, NJ workers are eligible to receive workers’ comp benefits if their injuries arise out of and in the course of employment. The definition of “employment” is defined by N.J.S.A. 34:15-36, which provides: Employment shall be deemed to commence when an employee arrives at the employer’s place of employment to report for work and shall ...
Workers’ Compensation Questions and Answers
- NJ Workers’ Compensation Benefits – Reporting to Employer After a Workplace AccidentWhat if you didn’t report your workplace injury right away? What should you do? Can you still benefits? See answer from a NJ workers’ comp lawyer.
- Can I get workers’ compensation benefits in New Jersey if I fell and was injured at work while engaging in horseplay?Answer: The answer to your question depends on the facts and circumstances surrounding your fall accident at work. New Jersey workers’ compensation law provides that if workers are injured while at work, they are entitled to receive workers’ comp benefits such as medical benefits and lost wages. For example, a machine operator who suffers a ...
- NJ Car Accident While Working – Permanent Total vs. Permanent Partial Workers’ Comp BenefitsFAQ: What are permanent total benefits and permanent partial benefits? What are the differences and can I receive both after a car accident while I was making a delivery for work? Answer: Permanent total benefits and permanent partial benefits are types of workers’ compensation benefits NJ workers may be eligible to receive after being injured while ...
- I was injured at work in NJ, do I have to see the doctor my employer told me to go see?Answer: Yes, you do. Under NJ workers’ comp law, an employer is responsible for all medical treatment/expenses of the injured worker resulting from the work-related accident. However, the injured worker must treat with doctors his employer chooses, which in all likelihood, are doctors specified by the employer’s workers’ comp insurance carrier. Injured workers cannot choose ...
- Can I get NJ workers’ comp benefits even though my injury at work was not related to my job?When New Jersey workers are injured while at work, they may receive workers’ comp benefits pursuant to New Jersey workers’ compensation law. Your question is actually often asked by many injured New Jersey workers. Though many at work accidents are related to the workers’ jobs, such as a roofer falling from the roof of a ...
79 S. Maple Avenue
Marlton, NJ 08053
Toll Free: 800.281.8695